What to Do First After the Storm Passes
Whoa – Tropical Storm Imelda certainly packed a punch, didn’t she? We know, because we lived through it, too. What’s different about our experience is that we know just what to do if we were to experience water damage from a storm.
Predator Restoration provides 24/7 emergency water restoration in Porter, TX and the Houston Metro area, and we’re waiting for your phone call.
- Don’t panic if, after the storm passes, you are faced with water damage.
- Some common sense rules apply to what homeowners should do.
- Water damage isn’t an easy fix if you aren’t experienced in the restoration process.
- Call Predator Restoration right away. Even if the water subsides, you’re left with a mess that must be dealt with immediately before further damage occurs to your home and your belongings.
Pretty much everyone was affected in some way by Imelda. She disrupted daily commutes, closed off roads, and slammed into a lot of structures along her way out of the Houston Metro Area. You aren’t alone. Luckily, IICRC-certified technicians are standing by to help you with your water damage restoration needs in Porter, TX, and the surrounding areas.
If you experienced emergency water damage, it’s important to follow some common-sense safety rules before you make your first call for help.
- Avoid walking in any standing water, especially if you think it might have reached electrical outlets, wires on the floor (like power strips), or appliances.
- If possible, turn off the circuit breaker to the affected areas unless you would have to stand in water to do so.
- Be aware of any pests or rodents that may have come in with floodwaters.
- Leave the premises if you aren’t sure and wait for someone experienced in water damage to assess the situation.
- Weather permitting, open windows and doors to start the drying process.
- Take photos of any water damage – before the water subsides – or structural issues like roof damage or broken windows. This documentation will speed up any insurance claim.
Making an insurance claim due to water damage can be a tricky process. Predator Restoration helps out home and business owners in the Houston Metro Area with that. We’ll work directly with your insurance provider and takes steps to ensure you are getting the biggest payout possible for your claim. Unlike some other local restoration companies, we pride ourselves in putting our customers first – not the insurance carriers.
Don’t wait long to contact us to start your water damage remediation, especially if you plan on filing an insurance claim. Policies don’t cover “gradual” damage, and most companies require you hire an experienced, IICRC-certified restoration company to perform the work. All of the technicians at Predator Restoration are certified by the nationally recognized association called the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification. We’ve had extensive training in all of the issues surrounding water damage restoration. We also have specialized equipment to get you back to normal life as soon as possible.